F1 Tire Guidelines: FIA has laws for tires that can be utilized by drivers in Components 1 Grand Prix races.
Pirelli are the official tire suppliers to the Components 1. They at present present three dry units of tires – mushy, medium and laborious. Other than this, for wet circumstances, intermediate and full moist tires are additionally equipped by the Italian producers.
Drivers are anticipated to pick out 10 units of a tires occasion. They want to decide on it from a set of 13 dry, four intermediate, and three full moist tires. Colours are marked on the tires – crimson for mushy, yellow for medium, white for laborious, inexperienced for intermediate, and blue for full moist.
How are tires chosen for the race weekend?
- For the ultimate race on Sunday, two units every of the medium and laborious tires are allotted for the ultimate race. For the qualifying periods, 1 set of soppy are allotted to assist drivers in setting fast lap instances. That is vital because the beginning grid of the ultimate race is determined by the lap instances in qualifying periods
- For the Free Apply periods, drivers are allowed to make use of a most of three units of dry tires. The units in FP1 should be returned to Pirelli earlier than FP2 and FP3 begins
- For drivers who qualify for the race in dry tires, they should begin the race with the tires used within the second session of qualifying. This is applicable for the Prime 10 drivers from the qualifying periods. For drivers that qualify outdoors the Prime 10, he can begin the race on tires accessible to them – mushy, medium or laborious
Lance Stroll – 1:26.501
Pierre Gasly – 1:26.501
There was no separating the AlphaTauri and Racing Level within the battle for Q3 😱 Pierre takes P11 and a free selection of tyres tomorrow for the 👊
— Honda Racing F1 (@HondaRacingF1)
What are moist climate tire guidelines?
- Drivers are required to make use of 2 totally different kind of dry tires within the closing race. This doesn’t apply, nonetheless, if intermediate or full moist tires are being utilized by the motive force.
- For the qualifying session, full moist and intermediate tires can solely be used if mandated by the Race Director. Additionally, if the ultimate race is beginning behind the security automobile attributable to rain, then the motive force should begin with moist tires. As soon as rain subsides, the motive force and crew can determine to change to a dry tire within the first pit cease.